ITTA BENA, Miss. – The Mississippi Valley State University men’s basketball program got a game-high 22 points off of six triples from Caleb Hunter, but the Braves were able to hold on for a 79-71 victory.
- Final Score: Alcorn 79 | Mississippi Valley State 71
- Records: Mississippi Valley State (1-20, 1-10 SWAC) | Alcorn (9-14, 8-3 SWAC)
- Location: Itta Bena, Mississippi – R.W. Harrison HPER Complex
- Series History: Alcorn Leads 69-39
- Winning Streak: Alcorn (W5) | Mississippi Valley State’s Last Win: February 16, 2019
Mississippi Valley State Top Performers
- Caleb Hunter made six three-pointers for the third time this season, shooting 54.5% from distance (6-for-11) and 46.7% overall (7-of-15) while picking up three boards, two steals plus his eighth career block. His game-best 22 points was the fourth with 20-plus on the campaign and seventh consecutive contest in double-figures.
- Terry Collins tied his season-high of 13 points on the evening, connecting on half of his ten shot attempts and three-of-five from long range, marking his third game with ten or more points this season.
- Gary Grant missed just one field goal he put up, going 5-of-6 (83.3%) and turning it into 12 points for his sixth double-digit scoring outing in-a-row. The lanky freshman also logged a club-high six rebounds.
- Kadar Waller tied for the game’s most assists at three and led the home team with three steals as well as eight points.
- David McCoy also dished out three helpers along with five points, five boards, and two steals.
- MVSU won the rebounding battle for just the third time in 2021-22, edging the Braves by the slimmest of margins, 36-35.
- The Green and White were able to best the men from Lorman in both points off the bench (20-17) and on fast break opportunities (27-17).
Valley hits the road beginning on Saturday for possibly its last game inside T.M. Elmore Gymnasium against AAMU at 4 p.m. before the Bulldogs move into their new arena next season.
#ValleyInMotion | #ForkEm | #LitBena