MONTGOMERY, Ala. – The Mississippi Valley State University baseball program has had one of its best seasons in a decade, but it will not end in a SWAC Tournament berth as those hopes were dashed in a 16-5 loss at Alabama State in game one.
- Final Score: Alabama State 16 | Mississippi Valley State 5 (7 Innings)
- Records: Mississippi Valley State (10-25-1, 4-19 SWAC) | Alabama State (25-22, 16-7 SWAC)
- Location: Montgomery, Alabama – Wheeler-Watkins Baseball Complex
- Series History: Alabama State Leads 114-125-1
- Winning Streak: Alabama State (W11) | Mississippi Valley State’s Last Win: March 2, 2019 (12-11, 10 Innings)
Mississippi Valley State Top Performers
- Davon Mims added to his team-leading multi-hit outing total, being the only Delta Devil to do so with a 2-for-3 showing on top of scoring twice, driving in a run, and stealing a pair of bases for the first time in his career.
- Maury Weaver and Antonio Walker each contributed an RBI single with Weaver walking while Walker crossed the dish once.
- Juan Reyes threw a season-best 1.2 innings and was the only student-athlete donning Green and White to not allow a single run, striking out one Hornet.
- Chris Soeder had a hit and a run batted in to go along with Narvin Booker driving in a baserunner plus Jan Tolentino drew a base on balls.
- The Diamond Devils will have to wait until next season to break its four-year tournament drought, when it dropped both games as the third seed in the East at the conclusion of the 2018 season.
Mississippi Valley attempts to get back on the winning track in game two Saturday night.
#ValleyInMotion | #ForkEm | #LitBena