THIBODAUX, La. – The Mississippi Valley State University baseball program outhit the Colonels 9-6 and got a big day from Narvin Booker, but four errors turned into six unearned runs during an 11-1 setback in eight innings.
- Final Score: Nicholls 11 | Mississippi Valley State 1 (Eight Innings)
- Records: Mississippi Valley State (2-1, 0-0 SWAC) | Nicholls (2-4, 0-0 Southland)
- Location: Thibodaux, Louisiana – Ben Meyer Diamond at Ray E. Didier Field
- Series History: N/A
- Winning Streak: N/A
Mississippi Valley State Top Performers
- Narvin Booker had a great night in an otherwise lackluster showing, going 3-for-4 with a pair of stolen bases
- Darrien Chapman contributed a 2-for-3 evening, smacking a double plus an RBI single to drive in the Delta Devils’ lone run.
- Dreylin Holmes was the baserunner who crossed the plate, strolling home easily on Chapman’s base knock after legging out a triple for his first career hit at the NCAA level.
- Antonio Walker gave up five runs but his defense was the primary culprit as four of the runs were unearned via fielding errors. His much more respectable stat line was 3.0 innings with just one earned run allowed and a punchout.
Coach Stubbs and company will look to even the series Saturday at 3 p.m. in game two of the three game weekend series.
#ValleyInMotion | #ForkEm | #LitBena