DO NOT do the following with prospective student-athletes:
- Contact a prospective student-athlete or anyone associated with a prospect in any way.
- Make any arrangements for a prospect.
- Contact enrolled student-athletes at other four-year institutions.
- Provide any benefits to middle or high school, preparatory school, or Junior College coaches at any time.
- Establish any fund for the purpose of recruiting prospective student-athletes.
Employment of Student-Athletes
- DO NOT provide employment to a prospective or currently enrolled student-athlete without checking with the MVSU athletic department first.
- DO NOT employ a prospective student-athlete prior to the completion of the prospect’s senior year of high school.
- DO NOT provide free transportation to and from jobs for student-athlete employees unless such transportation is provided to all employees.
DO NOT do the following for currently enrolled student-athletes:
- Provide any type of financial assistance for student-athletes or their families for any reason.
- Provide any extra benefit or special arrangement to student-athletes or their families.
- Pay to entertain student-athletes, their friends or relatives.
- Provide gifts or awards to a student-athlete for his/her athletic performance.
- Use the name or picture of an enrolled student-athlete for any reason. This will render the student-athlete immediately ineligible.
- Provide an honorarium to a student-athlete for any speaking engagement.