ITTA BENA, Miss. – The Mississippi Valley State University men’s basketball program saw true freshman Gary Grant and senior Terry Collins put up 45 of the team’s 69 points (65.2%) but the Panthers enacted revenge for its loss in Texas last month with a 69-64 decision.
- Final Score: Prairie View A&M 69 | Mississippi Valley State 64
- Records: Mississippi Valley State (2-23, 2-13 SWAC) | Prairie View A&M (8-15 (8-7 SWAC)
- Location: Itta Bena, Mississippi – R.W. Harrison HPER Complex
- Series History: Mississippi Valley State Leads 67-37
- Winning Streak: Prairie View A&M (W1) | Mississippi Valley State’s Last Win: January 8, 2022 (84-82, OT)
Mississippi Valley State Top Performers
- Grant had his best scoring night of his MVSU tenure, going off for a season-high 23 points on 8-for-10 (80%) on top of three boards, two assists, two steals and a block.
- Collins spent his final home game putting on a show for his family and friends in attendance, putting together 22 points and three triples with four rebounds and two steals to boot.
- Devin Gordon had an efficient day, going 4-of-6 (66.7%) en route to nine points.
- David McCoy tied for the game lead with seven boards, a team-best four assists, four points and three dimes.
- Quorien Waldon registered career-highs for rebounds (7) and blocks (3) while logging a season-best 17 minutes played.
- Valley had a spectacular defensive performance, forcing 21 turnovers to win the margin by nine while rebounding was all Panthers at 42-27.
- Coach Hunter will be the first one to tell anyone who will listen that his team has trouble finishing out and closing leads as the Devils have held a lead in eight contests but won only one of those games.
Valley State’s next destination will be the Natural State to face UAPB inside H.O. Clemmons Arena at 4 p.m. on Saturday.
#ValleyInMotion | #ForkEm | #LitBena