JACKSON, Miss. – The Mississippi Valley State University men’s basketball program continued to show grit, toughness, and the willingness to fight through adversity against a rival with much at stake, falling in a back-and-forth affair, 76-69.
- Final Score: Jackson State 76 | Mississippi Valley State 69
- Records: Mississippi Valley State (2-26, 2-16 SWAC) | Jackson State (11-18, 9-9 SWAC)
- Location: Jackson, Mississippi – Lee E. Williams Assembly Center
- Series History: Jackson State Leads 61-50
- Winning Streak: Jackson State (W6) | Mississippi Valley State’s Last Win: March 2, 2019 (60-57)
Mississippi Valley State Top Performers
- Terry Collins went out on top in terms of scoring, tying for the game’s most points with 16 to finished with ten double-figure games including his final eight.
- David McCoy did a little bit of everything, pouring in 14 points, a team-high seven boards, a game/season-best six dimes and ended his only tenure in The Delta with eight double-digit scoring affairs.
- Alex Perry set a career-best for points in back-to-back contests, concluding his MVSU career with a personal-high of 11 points, three triples (3-for-6) and season-bests in both rebounds (4) plus assists (3).
- George Ivory III had a perfect evening, going 3-of-3 from the field and making his only three-point try as he contributed seven points and three rebounds.
- Jordan Johnson also did not miss from the floor on two attempts, recording a season-best five points and five boards.
#ValleyInMotion | #ForkEm | #LitBena