MONTGOMERY, Ala. – The Mississippi Valley State University baseball program entered the seventh inning stretch ahead 5-4 but a three-run blast by the Hornets’ Corey King gave the home nine a lead it would not relinquish, beating the Devils by three.
- Final Score: Alabama State 9 | Mississippi Valley State 6
- Records: Mississippi Valley State (10-28-1, 4-22 SWAC) | Alabama State (28-22, 19-7 SWAC)
- Location: Montgomery, Alabama – Wheeler-Watkins Baseball Complex
- Series History: Alabama State Leads 114-128-1
- Winning Streak: Alabama State (W14) | Mississippi Valley State’s Last Win: March 2, 2019 (12-11, 10 Innings)
Mississippi Valley State Top Performers
- Chris Soeder barreled up a two-run round-tripper for the third time in as many series’, also snagging a walk, a single as well as scoring twice over four at-bats.
- Narvin Booker set the table nicely as he was moved back into the leadoff spot once again, slapping a 2-RBI bases juiced single on top of another base knock while crossing the plate once.
- Eric Johnson II reached thrice on two hits and a painful bean ball plus scoring a run to go along with Johnathan Yandrich collecting a pair of hits.
- Dreylin Holmes and Jose Salazar-Ortega each contributed a double as their lone hits of the afternoon as the latter registered a run batted in and Treadwell Kennedy got to first twice but probably did not enjoy it, getting plunked twice.
- The Diamond Devils will have to wait until next season to break its four-year tournament drought, when it dropped both games as the third seed in the East at the conclusion of the 2018 season.
Valley State will wrap up the 2022 season at home from Thursday, May 19 to Saturday, May 21 against Jackson State University on Senior Weekend.
#ValleyInMotion | #ForkEm | #LitBena