ITTA BENA, Miss. – The Mississippi Valley State University women’s basketball program dropped its most points in a game since registering 95 in a November 19, 2018 win at Austin Peay, slicing up the Lady Braves for a 93-76 rout of Alcorn.
- Final Score: Mississippi Valley State 93 | Alcorn 76
- Records: Mississippi Valley State (3-16, 2-9 SWAC) | Alcorn (2-17 (1-10 SWAC)
- Location: Itta Bena, Mississippi – R.W. Harrison HPER Complex
- Series History: Alcorn Leads 57-30
- Winning Streak: Mississippi Valley State (W2) | Alcorn’s Last Win: January 16, 2021
Mississippi Valley State Top Performers
- Jasmine Elliott had the game of her life, producing her first career double-double of 22 points and ten rebounds (both season-highs) while posting a blistering 72.7% field-goal percentage (8-of-11).
- Mikayla Etienne returned to regular playing time and made the most of it, tallying 17 points on 5-for-11 (45.5%) shooting including a game-best four assists.
- Sarah Moore was one board shy of her second double-double of the year, registering 15 points and nine boards with an efficient 66.7% field-goal percentage. It was her third contest of ten-plus points.
- Krisen Hunt contributed her third double-figure scoring night of 2021-22, putting 11 points on the scoreboard.
- Kerrigan Johnson (12) and Milia Gibson (10) rounded out the scorers over the ten-point threshold with Gibson’s being a personal-best.
- The victory catapults the Devilettes to its first winning streak over the Lady Braves since taking four in-a-row back when it swept Alcorn in the 2012-13 and 2013-14 seasons.
- Six of the squad’s eight student-athletes that suited up put together double-digit point lines.
- Valley was unconscious shooting-wise, making 50.8% of its shots (30-of-59) and exactly half of its long-range bombs (8-for-16).
Coach Walker-Johnson’s ladies will look to claw its way back towards a berth in the SWAC Tournament on Saturday in Huntsville against Alabama A&M at 2 p.m.
#ValleyInMotion | #ForkEm | #LitBena