ITTA BENA, Miss. – The Mississippi Valley State University baseball program showed intensity, passion, and pride all game long but fell victim to the long ball, falling 17-6.
- Final Score: Florida A&M 17 | Mississippi Valley State 6 (7 Innings)
- Records: Mississippi Valley State (10-20-1, 4-14 SWAC) | Florida A&M (20-23, 14-6 SWAC)
- Location: Itta Bena, Mississippi – Magnolia Field
- Series History: Florida A&M Leads 7-0
- Winning Streak: Florida A&M (W7) | Mississippi Valley State’s Last Win: N/A
Mississippi Valley State Top Performers
- Chris Soeder tattooed a baseball over the wall for the second straight game, crushing another two-run blast to go along with a frozen rope single.
- Darrien Chapman went the opposite way in an impressive display of power, recording a solo shot to right field for the third round-tripper of the season on top of a walk.
- Maury Weaver and Angel Perez both notched doubles for their lone hits with both scoring as well but Perez also logged two walks, upping his career-long on-base streak to seven in the process.
- Jose Salazar-Ortega’s on-base streak lives on to reach a dozen, coaxing a pair of free passes.
- Dreylin Holmes and Davon Mims were the driving forces behind the other two RBIs, Narvin Booker got a hit and a base on balls, then Johnathan Yandrich collected the final base hit.
- Abraham Ortiz made his second career start on the rubber, striking out a season-best six Rattlers and Isaiah Valenzuela contributed four whiffs out of the bullpen.
- Florida A&M is the only current SWAC school that Mississippi Valley State has not defeated on the baseball diamond, crossing Bethune-Cookman off the list earlier this season.
The men from The Delta will look to halt its five-game skid on Sunday at noon and keep its home record above .500 as it sits at 7-6 (53.8%) currently.
#ValleyInMotion | #ForkEm | #LitBena