ITTA BENA, Miss. – The Mississippi Valley State University men’s basketball program was one bucket away from either sending the game into overtime or winning outright but Devin Gordon’s floater got stuck between the rim and the backboard as Valley falls, 62-60.
- Final Score: Bethune-Cookman 62| Mississippi Valley State 60
- Records: Mississippi Valley State (1-14, 1-4 SWAC) | Bethune-Cookman (4-12, 2-2 SWAC)
- Location: Itta Bena, Mississippi – R.W. Harrison HPER Complex
- Series History: Bethune-Cookman Leads 3-2
- Winning Streak: Bethune-Cookman (W3) | Mississippi Valley State’s Last Win: 1980-81 (90-82)
Mississippi Valley State Top Performers
- Daniel Umoh came off the pine and brought in a game-best 11 rebounds over a season-high 31 minutes. He is the first MVSU player to accomplish that many rebounds when not in the starting five this season and his second straight double-figure board contest.
- Caleb Hunter went off for a season and game-high 21 points on 8-of-20 (40%) shooting. Hunter has now cracked 20 twice this year and has logged double-digits in five outings.
- Devin Gordon notched his fourth consecutive appearance with ten-plus points, dropping 15 for his fifth such outing in 2021-22.
- Kadar Waller earned his second career start and made the most of it, doubling up his previous personal best with six assists to top all game participants as well as being the only home player with multiple steals (2).
- The Devils earned the dubious distinction of winning both the turnover battle (18-15) and rebounding margin (34-33) but did not come away victorious.
The men from the Delta welcome its second straight opponent from the Sunshine State on Monday when the Rattlers of FAMU come to town at 7:30 p.m. for MLK Day.
#ValleyInMotion | #ForkEm