ITTA BENA, Miss. – The Mississippi Valley State University baseball program saw both Angel Perez and Jan Tolentino come up with multiple clutch hits however a one-run ninth inning lead slipped through their fingers as the Bulldogs snatched a victory, 6-5.
- Final Score: Alabama A&M 6 | Mississippi Valley State 5
- Records: Mississippi Valley State (4-6-1, 0-1 SWAC) | Alabama A&M (3-11, 1-0 SWAC)
- Location: Itta Bena, Mississippi – Magnolia Field
- Series History: N/A
- Winning Streak: Alabama A&M (W17) | Mississippi Valley State’s Last Win: March 25, 2018 (12-7)
Mississippi Valley State Top Performers
- Perez had a career evening with a career-high three hits in four at-bats (.750) including his first multi-RBI outing as a Delta Devil, driving home two runs.
- Jan Tolentino logged two hits and two runs scored, plating a run on an RBI single and smashing his second double of the season.
- Calvin McClendon received a tough luck no-decision after throwing 116 pitches over seven strong innings, allowing just one earned run (three overall) and five hits to go along with a trio of Ks.
- Ty Washington was the third Green and White clad student-athlete to add multiple base knocks, providing a pair of singles as well as scoring once.
- Chris Soeder had a solid stat line of 1-for-2 plus a sacrifice fly, run scored, walk, and double while Josh Wilson tallied a single and a stolen base.
- A majority of the team’s offensive production came from the heart of the lineup as numbers four through seven accounted for eight of the club’s ten hits (80%), four of the five runs batted in (80%), and four of the five runs scored (80%).
The Diamond Devils can get that bitter taste out of its mouth fairly quickly as it can win the series tomorrow if it sweeps the noon doubleheader.
#ValleyInMotion | #ForkEm | #LitBena