GRAMBLING, La. – The Mississippi Valley State University women’s basketball program had a difficult afternoon, dropping a 76-61 decision in Louisiana.
- Final Score: Grambling State 76 | Mississippi Valley State 61
- Records: Mississippi Valley State (2-13, 1-6 SWAC) | Grambling State (6-11, 3-3 SWAC)
- Location: Grambling, Louisiana – Frederick C. Hobdy Assembly Center
- Series History: N/A
- Winning Streak: Grambling State (W4) | Mississippi Valley State’s Last Win: February 3, 2020 (68-57)
Mississippi Valley State Top Performers
- Mikayla Etienne produced a tied for team-best 16 points for her 11th double-figure performance of the year and second-in-a-row while picking up her first career block.
- Sarah Moore now has a new goal to shoot for as she set a new personal-best in points at 16 as well, cashing in on 7-of-13 (53.8%) shots for her second straight double-digit outing and third overall.
- Ronni Williams tallied a game-high seven assists, the fifth consecutive time she’s had five or more, while not missing a single field goal (1-for-1) or free throw attempt (3-of-3).
- Krisen Hunt registered a season-best four boards with only one turnover.
- The Green and White claimed the rebounding war (34-33) and bench battle (15-14) but failed to capture a positive turnover margin (22-17).
Mississippi Valley will go to Baton Rouge on Monday evening to go against the Lady Jaguars of Southern University at 5:30 p.m. inside the F.G. Clark Activity Center.
#ValleyInMotion | #ForkEm | #LitBena