TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – The Mississippi Valley State University softball program used a five-run eighth to slide past the Lady Rattlers in game one but fell victim to a four-run first by Florida A&M in a game two setback.
- Final Score (Game 1): Mississippi Valley State 7 | Florida A&M 2 (Eight Innings)
- Final Score (Game 2): Florida A&M 5 | Mississippi Valley State 3
- Records: Mississippi Valley State (5-12, 3-1 SWAC) | Florida A&M (6-19, 1-4 SWAC)
- Location: Tallahassee, Florida – University Softball Field
- Series History: N/A
- Winning Streak: Florida A&M (W1) | Mississippi Valley State’s Last Win: Game 1 of Doubleheader (7-2, 8 Innings)
Mississippi Valley State Top Performers
- Daisy Page ran roughshod through the Lady Rattlers lineup, posting her fourth complete game of the year and eighth of her career with eight innings of two-run (one earned) ball with three strikeouts while surrendering just four hits plus a walk.
- If not for Laeni Terrones’ two-RBI double rocketed down the left field line, MVSU gets shutout in game one and never gets the opportunity to explode in extras. It was the senior’s first career multi-RBI game, first double of the season and fourth two-bagger of her career while reaching base on hit-by-pitch as well.
- Demi Slater cranked out her first career triple in game two, eventually scoring to ho along with her third stolen base at MVSU.
- Karlee Schierbeek had a hit and an RBI apiece in each matchup, going 2-for-4 on the afternoon for her first two RBIs over 22 games in Itta Bena.
- Brianna Alston went for her fourth multi-hit outing of the year and first with multiple runs batted in, going 2-for-5 with a two-run single and a run scored, collecting three hits in nine at-bats on the day (.333)
- Keisha White extended her on-base streak to six-in-a-row with a base knock in each contest.
- Shelby Carson did not have a standout day at the plate but made up for it by scoring three runs over 15 innings of softball.
- The Devilettes won their first extra inning affair in three years, last doing so in the regular season finale at Jackson State in 2019 over nine innings.
The rubber match takes place at high noon central time on Saturday to determine the series winner.
#ValleyInMotion | #ForkEm | #LitBena