ITTA BENA, Miss. – The Mississippi Valley State University men’s basketball program shot just 36.4% (8-of-22) from the charity stripe while GSU became the first team in a decade to make all its free throws against the Devils which proved to be critical in a four-point setback.
- Final Score: Grambling State 68 | Mississippi Valley State 64
- Records: Mississippi Valley State (1-16, 1-6 SWAC) | Grambling State (6-12, 4-2 SWAC)
- Location: Grambling, Louisiana – Frederick C. Hobdy Assembly Center
- Series History: Mississippi Valley State Leads 61-52
- Winning Streak: Grambling State (W1) | Mississippi Valley State’s Last Win: March 1, 2021 (67-63)
Mississippi Valley State Top Performers
- Gary Grant went for a game-best 17 points and a season-high four assists while connecting on half of his shot attempts (6-for-12). It was his second consecutive game with ten-plus points and seventh of 2021-22.
- Caleb Hunter poured in 13 points, his 12th double-figure scoring effort in 17 contests and second in-a-row.
- Devin Gordon was the club’s top rebounder with a career-best seven boards and his 13 points make it five straight double-digit scoring performances.
- Daniel Umoh was a perfect 3-for-3 from the floor with six points, six rebounds and his second career multi-block (2) game.
- Mississippi Valley committed a season-low eight turnovers for a plus-seven margin and its 13 personal fouls called was its second fewest of the campaign.
Coach Hunter and the crew will head to the Capital of the Pelican State for a tussle with Southern University with a 7:30 p.m. scheduled tipoff.
#ValleyInMotion | #ForkEm | #LitBena