ITTA BENA, Miss. – The Mississippi Valley State University men’s basketball program gave UAPB a fight from the opening tip to the final whistle but were unable to dethrone the Golden Lions in a six-point ballgame.
- Final Score: Arkansas-Pine Bluff 74 | Mississippi Valley State 68
- Records: Mississippi Valley State (1-18, 1-8 SWAC) | Arkansas-Pine Bluff (5-17, 3-6 SWAC)
- Location: Itta Bena, Mississippi – R.W. Harrison HPER Complex
- Series History: Mississippi Valley State Leads 40-37
- Winning Streak: Arkansas-Pine Bluff (W3) | Mississippi Valley State’s Last Win: March 7, 2020 (74-71)
Mississippi Valley State Top Performers
- Gary Grant stood tall amongst his competitors, compiling a game-best 12 boards plus 11 points with two assists and a steal on 5-of-9 (55.6%) shooting for good measure.
- Caleb Hunter fronted the Delta Devils offense with 14 points and a tied for game-best four assists on the evening.
- Kadar Waller had another quality showing as he has carved a significant role in the starting lineup lately, peppering 13 points into the total including a perfect 7-for-7 showing at the charity stripe.
- Devin Gordon was the fourth MVSU player to hit double-figures, registering 11 points throughout 29 minutes on the court.
- The game was very clean on both ends of the floor for each side as the Devils and Lions committed just eight mistakes apiece.
- Coach Hunter’s group won the rebounding battle for only the second time in 2021-22, outmuscling Pine Bluff by a count of 36-30 on the boards.
Valley State gets a Monday breather before welcoming its Magnolia State rivals from Jackson State and Alcorn next Saturday and Monday, respectively.
#ValleyInMotion | #ForkEm | #LitBena