THIBODAUX, La. – The Mississippi Valley State University baseball program nearly erased a ten-run deficit, but Nicholls pulled away with four runs in the seventh to win 16-10.
- Final Score: Nicholls 16 | Mississippi Valley State 10
- Records: Mississippi Valley State (2-3, 0-0 SWAC) | Nicholls (4-4, 0-0 Southland)
- Location: Thibodaux, Louisiana – Ben Meyer Diamond at Ray E. Didier Field
- Series History: N/A
- Winning Streak: N/A
Mississippi Valley State Top Performers
- Antonio Walker went 110 at-bats in a Delta Devils uniform without hitting a round-tripper until Sunday, blasting a two-run shot over the left field wall for the first dinger of his career. He finished the day with two ribbies, a run scored, a hit-by-pitch and the home run.
- Dreylin Holmes enjoyed a 3-for-5 afternoon, plating three Devils and scoring twice while picking up a double and his first long ball as an NCAA ballplayer with a two-RBI laser into the power alley in left-centerfield.
- Abraham Ortiz had a good outing in a weekend to forget for the pitching staff, logging 2.1 frames, striking out three Colonels and allowing a single earned run.
- Angel Perez and Davon Mims both had multi-hit affairs as the former went 2-for-3 with an RBI single and the latter posting two runs scored plus a 2-for-4 stat line.
- Maury Weaver crushed a two-run triple into the gap and reached base via bean ball, collecting a total of two RBIs, two runs scored and two stolen bases.
- Narvin Booker’s opened the scoring for Coach Stubb’s guys, poking a two-RBI single into center field to go along with a steal and a run scored later in the contest.
- Other V-State players to dent the scorebook were Joshua Wilson (hit and run scored), Eric Johnson II (run scored), and Jan Tolentino (had MVSU’s only walk).
MVSU heads to Jonesboro, Arkansas on Tuesday, and Wednesday for a brief two-game weekday series against the Arkansas State Red Wolves at Tomlinson Stadium-Kell Field.
#ValleyInMotion | #ForkEm | #LitBena