Fully Funding Scholarships for Athletics
- Eventually operating at 2.5 million (annually) by year 2025.
- Providing MVSU Athletics the ability to offer more scholarships (in all sports). In return, closing the competitive gap by adding depth and balance to each roster.
- Assisting in the process of positioning MVSU Football to play Power Five (5) and/or Group of Five (5) opponents in non-conference play. (Theoretically increasing the budget for athletics by 50%)
- Stimulating MVSU Athletics financial investment into our student-athletes. (Recruiting, academic support, Title IX compliance, Pell Grant refunds (for those that qualify), cost of attendance stipends, etc.)
- Offsetting the athletics department expense(s) to retain and/or recruit quality coaches and/or staff.
All-Inclusive Style Campus Engagement
- Encouraging and incentivizing all areas and departments on campus to have a role in athletics. (Saluting non-athletic university achievements and accolades during breaks at athletic events. This may be the only instance that an individual and/or department has a chance to have their (individual and/or department) achievements acknowledged in front of a large group of spectators.
- Fostering relationships with each department on campus and acknowledging how each department can contribute and share. Including but, not limited to all the possibilities listed. (Broadcasting majors can build a portfolio assisting in the production of video streaming and radio services; Art majors can develop graphic for website and videoboard display; Criminal Justice majors can learn the dynamics of event management and safety compliance; Math majors can provide real time statistics; Accounting majors can provide cost/benefit analysis of each event held on campus; Marketing majors have the ability to devise and implement social media campaigns to increase attendance, etc.)
Community and Corporate Partnership Development
- MVSU has multiple headquarters, factories and/or plant(s) located within a thirty (30) mile radius from campus. Creating opportunities for MVSU to help them (business partners) with workforce development, employee retention and/or continuing education.
- Providing print, digital, and/or naming right(s) marketing opportunities for local and national brands on campus.
- Hosting annual high school, charity, entertainment and community events on campus. On each occasion giving MVSU the opportunity to recruit and impress potential students, athletes and/or decision makers (parents, teachers, principals, community leaders).
Maximize Alumni Relationships and Resources
- MVSU V Club welcomes the opportunity to engage and interact with ALL alumni and the Mississippi Delta community/region to propel the development of MVSU. Any structured well-planned concepts and/or proposals created enhance fiscal growth of the university should be discussed, considered, examined and implemented. The V Club is actively seeking opportunities to leverage alumni relationships and/or resources to enhance MVSU Athletics and MVSU.
- MVSU has nearly fifteen thousand (15,000) graduates and even more individuals (former Valley enrollees) that have attended Valley, then completed their (former Valley enrollees) education at another institution. MVSU has produced physicians, attorneys, judges, executives in a multitude of career fields, professional athletes, entrepreneurs, politicians and more. In order for MVSU to excel, we need everyone that has completed a course and/or courses at Valley to remember and/or recognize the contribution(s) that MVSU has had on their lives. MVSU V Club is here to remind all Valley graduates and/or enrollees that MVSU has played a role in our (Valley graduates and/or enrollees) development and has been the safe haven of the Mississippi Delta for seventy (70) years now. Planned and random financial gifts are a necessity to ensure that Valley is around for the next seventy (70) years.