PINE BLUFF, Ark. – The Mississippi Valley State University women’s basketball program got 39 points from the trio of Zakiya Mahoney, Da’Sha McGloster and Mikayla Etienne but the Lady Lions contained the Devilettes in a 78-64 defeat.
- Final Score: Arkansas-Pine Bluff 78 | Mississippi Valley State 64
- Records: Mississippi Valley State (3-21, 2-14 SWAC) | Arkansas-Pine Bluff (12-14 (8-7 SWAC)
- Location: Pine Bluff, Arkansas – H.O. Clemmons Arena
- Series History: Mississippi Valley State Leads 39-25
- Winning Streak: Arkansas-Pine Bluff (W7) | Mississippi Valley State’s Last Win: March 9, 2019 (82-63)
Mississippi Valley State Top Performers
- Mahoney went 7-for-16 (43.8%) from the field with a team-best 17 points and three steals, with the latter being a season-high as well as a team-high. It was her fourth consecutive double-digit scoring affair and 15th overall this season.
- McGloster logged her fourth game with ten or more points, going for 12 on 4-of-7 (57.1%) shooting.
- Etienne cracked the double-figure point threshold with ten on the board, making it six straight for the Southwest Mississippi CC transfer and 17 in 2021-22.
- Kerrigan Johnson set a new personal-best of three assists on the afternoon while Ronni Williams had Devilette-highs for rebounds (8), assists (5) plus steals (3).
- Valley State won the turnover battle by three (23-20) and nearly tripled Arkansas-Pine Bluff’s second chance points (17-6).
The Green and White will remain in Mississippi for the rest of the season at Alcorn on Thursday evening and Jackson State next Sunday afternoon.
#ValleyInMotion | #ForkEm | #LitBena