JACKSON, Miss. – The Mississippi Valley State University baseball program made three errors which led to seven unearned Jackson State runs during an 11-2 setback.
- Final Score: Jackson State 11 | Mississippi Valley State 2
- Records: Mississippi Valley State (9-12-1, 3-7 SWAC) | Jackson State (14-16, 2-8 SWAC)
- Location: Jackson, Mississippi – Braddy Field
- Series History: N/A
- Winning Streak: Jackson State (W12) | Mississippi Valley State’s Last Win: March 16, 2019 (2-0)
Mississippi Valley State Top Performers
- Calvin McClendon wore the loss but only two of the seven runs allowed were earned, throwing six innings, and allowing just five hits on top of four strikeouts.
- Darrien Chapman had a pleasant evening, notching a 3-for-4 outing at the dish with a walk and a run scored.
- Maury Weaver also collected a pair of base knocks in the leadoff slot plus scoring the team’s first run, forcing an errant throw by the catcher on his second straight stolen base to earn a trip home.
- Dreylin Holmes extended both his on-base and hitting streak to 18 and seven games respectively, on an opposite field single to right.
- Ty Washington got onboard three times against Tiger pitching courtesy of a single and two free passes, Davon Mims reached twice by hit as well as hit-by-pitch with a steal once on the basepaths, and Chris Soeder drove in the club’s lone RBI.
The Green and White will attempt to regroup as game two takes place at 4 p.m. Saturday afternoon in the Magnolia State’s capital city.
#ValleyInMotion | #ForkEm | #LitBena