BATON ROUGE, La. – The Mississippi Valley State University women’s basketball program went toe-to-toe with one of the top teams in the conference all night long but 28 turnovers hampered the Devilettes in a nine-point defeat.
- Final Score: Southern 67 | Mississippi Valley State 58
- Records: Mississippi Valley State (2-14, 1-7 SWAC) | Southern (8-10, 6-1 SWAC)
- Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana – F.G. Clark Activity Center
- Series History: N/A
- Winning Streak: Southern (W18) | Mississippi Valley State’s Last Win: February 11, 2013 (61-57)
Mississippi Valley State Top Performers
- Annya Moss tied her career-best of four triples (4-for-9, 44.4%) while securing a game-high 15 points for her second double-figure scoring contest and first multi-steal game of 2021-22.
- Ronni Williams went for a game-best eight assists, eight points, five boards and a team-high three steals. The outing marked her sixth straight with six or more dimes.
- Milia Gibson doubled her previous personal-best scoring-wise, producing eight points on 75% shooting from the floor on top of her second career multi-assist performance.
- Sarah Moore put together a team-most nine rebounds on the evening, Krisen Hunt tied a season-high of three three-pointers, and Da’Sha McGloster’s 11 points was her second game with ten or more points on the scoreboard.
- MVSU nailed ten balls from three-land for the third time this year, connecting on 10-of-26 (38.5%) compared to SU’s 4-for-15 (26.7%).
- The Green and White scored more points off the bench in a contest for the sixth time and fifth SWAC matchup (28-20).
The ladies from The Delta will host its rivals from Pine Buff, Arkansas on Saturday at 2 p.m. as the Lady Lions of UAPB travel to Itta Bena.
#ValleyInMotion | #ForkEm | #LitBena