HUNTSVILLE, Ala. – The Mississippi Valley State University women’s basketball program saw Sarah Moore try to carry her team to victory with her second double-double of 2021-22 but it was not enough in a 53-47 loss.
- Final Score: Alabama A&M 53 | Mississippi Valley State 47
- Records: Mississippi Valley State (3-17, 2-10 SWAC) | Alabama A&M (9-13, 7-5 SWAC)
- Location: Huntsville, Alabama – T.M. Elmore Gymnasium
- Series History: Alabama A&M Leads 35-20
- Winning Streak: Alabama A&M (W10) | Mississippi Valley State’s Last Win: February 4, 2017 (58-52)
Mississippi Valley State Top Performers
- Sarah Moore matched up with perennial All-SWAC post player Dariauna Lewis and put on a clinic, tying her season-high with 16 points plus 11 boards for her second double-double of the campaign and the fourth by a Devilette this season. She is the only MVSU female with multiple double-doubles, she set a new personal-best with four free throws made and her scoring total marked her fifth double-figure output and second straight while shooting 46.2% from the field (6-of-13).
- Ronni Williams notched her 11th contest (eighth in her last ten games) with five or more assists in 2021-22, registering a game-high six dimes to go along with a matchup-best four steals as well.
- Mikayla Etienne is starting to get healthier for the tournament push, putting 11 points on the board for her second consecutive double-digit scoring night and her 13th overall so far.
- The ladies from Mississippi showcased its superior depth, dominating the Lady Bulldogs in bench points by a 24-5 margin.
- It was a mistake-filled, sloppy affair that saw the two teams score 100 points combined and commit 44 turnovers as Valley won that battle, 24-20.
The Devilettes will get its first look at the Alabama State Lady Hornets on Monday evening as its conference opener against ASU was ruled a forfeit by MVSU due to COVID protocols. Tip-off is slated for 5:30 p.m. inside the Dunn-Oliver Acadome in Montgomery.
#ValleyInMotion | #ForkEm | #LitBena