ITTA BENA, Miss. – The Mississippi Valley State University baseball program saw its seniors contribute at Magnolia Field one last time as they concluded their careers in Itta Bena in front of family and friends Friday afternoon.
- Final Score: Jackson State 27 | Mississippi Valley State 6 (7 Innings)
- Records: Mississippi Valley State (10-30-1, 4-24 SWAC) | Jackson State (28-25, 15-14 SWAC)
- Location: Itta Bena, Mississippi – Magnolia Field
- Series History: Jackson State Leads 196-59
- Winning Streak: Jackson State (W16) | Mississippi Valley State’s Last Win: March 16, 2019 (2-0)
Mississippi Valley State Top Performers
- Senior Cedric Holt contributed his first career base hit and RBI at the NCAA Division I level, driving in Chris Soeder.
- Soeder went 2-for-4 with an RBI double while Narvin Booker was the only other Delta Devil with multiple hits, going a perfect 2-for-2 on top of a run batted in.
- Maury Weaver used his plate discipline and speed to make an impact, swiping a pair of bases, walking twice, and singling to go along with scoring once.
- Senior Jan Tolentino must have thought he had a target on his back, wearing two bean balls with a base knock in his only official at-bat of the day.
- Davon Mims only had one hit, but it was an impressive one, motoring around the bases for a triple to bring home two runners before scoring as well as drawing a free pass.
- Iankel Santos was letdown by his defense as he pitched fairly well, giving up zero earned runs and one hit on top of a strikeout over 1.2 frames.
- The Diamond Devils will have to wait until next season to break its four-year tournament drought, when it dropped both games as the third seed in the East at the conclusion of the 2018 season.
The regular season will come to an end Saturday afternoon at 1 p.m. in Biloxi, Mississippi at MGM Park, home of the Biloxi Shuckers.
#ValleyInMotion | #ForkEm | #LitBena