ITTA BENA, Miss. – The Mississippi Valley State University women’s basketball program made only 3-of-23 (13%) three-pointers and were outscored 20-4 in the third quarter which was the difference in a ten-point loss, 70-60.
- Final Score: Prairie View A&M 70 | Mississippi Valley State 60
- Records: Mississippi Valley State (3-20, 2-13 SWAC) | Prairie View A&M (12-14, 9-6)
- Location: Itta Bena, Mississippi – R.W. Harrison HPER Complex
- Series History: Mississippi Valley State Leads 45-37
- Winning Streak: Prairie View A&M (W2) | Mississippi Valley State’s Last Win: February 25, 2021 (61-57)
Mississippi Valley State Top Performers
- Zakiya Mahoney was the Green and White’s top scorer on the night, posting 15 points on 5-of-11 (.455) shooting with four boards, three steals and an assist.
- One of the just five non-seniors on the active roster, Mikayla Etienne logged a respectable 13 points with one steal, assist and rebound each.
- Ronni Williams, the only student-athlete to spend all four years in The Delta, had her standard jack-of-all-trades performance, recording seven points, a game-best five assists, five rebounds and two steals while barely missing any action, playing 37 of 40 game minutes.
- Sarah Moore dominated down low once again, corralling 15 rebounds to top all game participants on both sides with an impressive eight of those on the offensive glass to give her teammates a second chance opportunity.
- Da’Sha McGloster was a defensive dynamo for Valley State, swiping a career-high five steals and tying her career-best for assists at four to go along with six points and four boards.
- In a sloppy, turnover-filled affair, the Devilettes were the cleaner squad as they forced 31 Prairie View turnovers while committing 24 miscues themselves.
- MVSU edged the Lady Panthers on the boards (42-41) for its second straight game winning the rebounding battle and just its fourth time doing so in 2021-22.
Coach Walker-Johnson and her eight seniors will take to the road for its final three contests of the regular season, starting Saturday in Pine Bluff, Arkansas.
#ValleyInMotion | #ForkEm | #LitBena