ITTA BENA, Miss. – The Mississippi Valley State University baseball program saw Chris Soeder connect for his first career long ball but a ten-run seventh and eight home runs (four by Ethan Jenkins and three by Joseph Pierini) oust Devils, 16-5 in seven.
- Final Score: Florida A&M 16 | Mississippi Valley State 5
- Records: Mississippi Valley State (10-19-1, 4-13 SWAC) | Florida A&M (19-23, 13-6 SWAC)
- Location: Itta Bena, Mississippi – Magnolia Field
- Series History: Florida A&M Leads 6-0
- Winning Streak: Florida A&M (W6) | Mississippi Valley State’s Last Win: N/A
Mississippi Valley State Top Performers
- Soeder made it back-to-back games where a freshman belted their first career round-tripper, blasting a two-run bomb to score Antonio Walker (walked) in the third for his third multi-RBI game of the year.
- Narvin Booker continued swinging a hot stick as he went 2-for-3 with an RBI while Dreylin Holmes got back to his run-producing ways with an RBI of his own.
- Hunter Stallings had an up-and-down afternoon but still came within one K of his career-high strikeout total, sitting down ten Rattlers for a new season-best over six innings.
- Jose Salazar-Ortega upper his on-base streak to 11-in-a-row, Maury Weaver drew a base on balls, Jan Tolentino was hit by a pitch, and both Darrien Chapman plus Davon Mims scored once.
- Florida A&M is the only current SWAC school that Mississippi Valley State has not defeated on the baseball diamond, crossing Bethune-Cookman off the list earlier this season.
Most of the team will be volunteering at the MLB Play Ball Event on Magnolia Field which begins at 9:30 a.m. Saturday before resuming the series with the Rattlers at 1 p.m.
#ValleyInMotion | #ForkEm | #LitBena