JONESBORO, Ark. – The Mississippi Valley State University baseball program scored the first two runs of the ballgame but gave up 17 unanswered runs to Arkansas State largely due to 15 walks allowed over seven innings in a tough defeat
- Final Score: Arkansas State 17 | Mississippi Valley State 2 (Seven Innings)
- Records: Mississippi Valley State (2-4, 0-0 SWAC) | Arkansas State (1-4, 0-0 Sun Belt)
- Location: Jonesboro, Arkansas – Tomlinson Stadium-Kell Field
- Series History: Arkansas State Leads 5-1
- Winning Streak: Arkansas State (W5) | Mississippi Valley State’s Last Win: February 22, 2017 (10-9)
Mississippi Valley State Top Performers
- Narvin Booker and Maury Weaver scored the two runs for the Green and White in the opening frame as Booker raced home while Weaver stole second base. Weaver, who reached on a single through the right side of the infield, came around to score himself after a fielding error by the Red Wolves right fielder.
- Antonio Walker was the only Delta Devil to reach base twice, getting on courtesy of a walk and a hit-by-pitch.
- Treadwell Kennedy pinch-hit for Darrien Chapman in the top of the seventh and delivered one of the team’s three hits on the evening, a hard grounder deep into the six-hole that the shortstop had to eat.
- Dreylin Holmes recorded a hit for Coach Stubbs while Chapman, Booker, Walker, Ty Washington, and Joshua Wilson all reached via bases on balls.
The second and final game of the brief mid-week series will take place tomorrow at 3 p.m. with Valley State hoping to earn a split.
#ValleyInMotion | #ForkEm | #LitBena